Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Slightly Different Halloween


Many of you know that I ordered this Alice in Wonderland costume online and was disappointed by it. Well, overall, I think my daughter is adorable and she rocked this uber polyester thing. We debuted it last week at the Peregrine company picnic with the headband and tights but yesterday I was in a fog and didn't get it all together. Plus, it was too hot for tights.


We made a trip to the Canfield house for pumpkin carving. Jillian loved the feeling of the pumpkin guts. She carried around a chunk of pumpkin as we finished up.

An expensive knife is no match for a strong pumpkin. The secret is to use a drywall knife.


I took longer than the others to complete my pumpkin. I thought the pattern I used was too intricate and took forever! It was only rated two pumpkins out of four but my spiderweb had so many cuts!


Here are our pumpkins. From L-R: Dad, the scary clown; Mom, howling at the moon; Jason, laughing skull; Kristyn, spider and web.

We ended up going home after pumpkin carving, putting Jillian to bed and watching Nightmare Before Christmas. Next year we'll take the 'bean trick or treating.

6 comments:

Marie said...

You guys carved some pretty impressive pumpkins! And you are right, Jillian rocked her Alice costume.

weplusthree said...

That costume is so cute!! They are all crappy polyester these days. The boys' cost $20 each, and they aren't going to make it another year, they are thrashed.

The pumpkins turned out pretty cute. I'm feeling bad that we carved ours while Aaron was napping. Then again, he doesn't like yucky things on his fingers. He's a silly baby :)

Danielle said...

Jillian looks like a little Alice doll =)
And your pumpkin carving skills are impressive. I don't think I would have the patience for that!

Wyndi said...

Yay for pumpkin carving. :)
The costume looked adorable!It is a little more fun once they are older, trick or treating that is...
She will dig it next year.

Tim and Heather said...

I am soooo impressed with your pumpkin carving skills. You are so patient!

Wyndi said...

How did you squeeze Jason into that Alice dress?