Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower

Aunt Sarah, Uncle Ron and Aunt Emily made me this beautiful teapot cake. They baked the cake in bowls and dismantled a toy teapot to create it.
Eat Me! Drink Me! Look at all the teapots.
Grandpa Ron made this sign which will now hang in Jillian's room. Aunt Abbi made the paper caterpillar in the plant.
I had eight (!) pregnant women at my shower (including myself). One had to leave right before this photo was taken. Here we are lined up by due date. Kim, the first in line, had her son 2 days later!

For my baby shower my mom (Grandma Joy), my mother-in-law (Grandma Pam) and my sister-in-law (Aunt Sarah) created a magical tea party in honor of our Alice in Wonderland room theme. My mom became an eBay fiend, trying to find as much Alice in Wonderland stuff as possible. Everyone worked so hard hand crafting Alice in Wonderland touches including the saucers for the "tea cup"cakes, the mushrooms on the wall and the signs around the house. Uncle Taylor and Aunt Abbi pitched in their talents as well.

The shower itself was wonderful. It was much like my wedding - it went by in a flash and was over much too soon. My Aunt Laura surprised me and flew in from Sacramento. Jason joined me for the gift opening and everyone was so generous. For more photos, click here.

2 comments:

Audra said...

I love that you are blogging now. Your shower was a lot of fun. Your family really did an amazing job on everything.

Lissa said...

The cake and decorations look wonderful!! Although seeing the cake made me want a peice put I would be scared to ruin it by cutting into it :0)