Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Mural Part I

I used a projector (Thanks Audra!) to project a 5" x 5" image onto this piece of particle board. The image came from an Alice in Wonderland coloring book from the Disney website. We had someone at Home Depot cut the board to size and Jason primed it with white primer. Tracing the image was much harder than it looked. It probably took me about an hour and Brody was a big help! He liked to jump in front of the projector to get my attention.
Grandma Joy took on the task of mural painting a bit reluctantly but developed many successful painting techniques.
Working on Alice.
Blending colors for the chair was the final task of Grandma Joy's long evening. Notice the pink teapot and lavendar chair. This was one of the painting techniques that my mom developed. I tried to copy it with the yellow & orange teapot but I liked the way hers looked much better! For more mural pics click here.

1 comment:

Doug and Marie said...

Wow! I feel so non-creative right now. The room really looks beautiful.