Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jillian's 4 Month Stats

Height: 24 5/8" (50th-75th percentile)
Weight: 11 lbs 7.6 oz (10th percentile)
Head: 15 1/2" (25th percentile)

So our peanut was more of a peanut than we thought. She has dropped from the 25th to the 10th percentile in weight. Because of the drop in percentiles (can I pluralize that?) the doctor suggested we supplement with formula and/or start solids. Jason and I were already going to ask about supplementing since I am still having problems keeping up. The suggestion about solids took me by surprise. I don't know if I'm ready for my baby girl to have big girl food yet.
We started mixing formula in her bottle today. So far so good. I have hopes that this will be beneficial for both Jillian and me. And Jason will finally be able to give her a bottle again, getting that special bonding time.

4 comments:

Marie said...

We love you Jillian! How funny is it that Jillian and Emma are basically the same height/length?! I am curious to see if this trend will continues. Can't wait to see you guys today!

Audra said...

I was excited to start solids with the kids. It meant more sleepy time for mommy:)

Wyndi said...

Yay! Good girl! It was fun hanging out! We loved seeing you guys!
Yay for peanut children! :) Take your time with solids....after the rice cereal, they want to eat what you are eating!! Hehe.

Sarah said...

She's a cute peanut! At least her head is proportionate to her body :) I think Ethan's head was already in the 85th percentile by 4months. Rice cereal is good...that means full tummy & sleepy baby which means rested mommy & daddy! :)