Saturday, May 16, 2009

Solids!: Avocado

We started non-rice cereal solids today! Last night Grandma Pam gave me a tutorial in steaming vegetables. We steamed peas and squash and then I used my food processor for the first time. Aunt Abbi taste tested for us. I wasn't brave enough. We decided to freeze those efforts (thanks Wyndi for the Williams Sonoma Baby Food Cookbook) and go with avocados. She is a California girl, after all. She liked them pretty well. She actually stayed more clean than with rice cereal! I am hoping for a girl that will eat it all. We'll see. I'll let you know how the peas and squash go!

4 comments:

Marie said...

She is way too cute. I love how excited she gets when the spoon comes close.

Wyndi said...

Goodness, she is getting so big and so active, SO quickly! Yay for avocados! :) Good for you for doing veggies too! hehe

Unknown said...

Very cute. I love how excited she gets! But then she didn't open her mouth?? Did your book say to just puree the peas with the skin on? If so I might give those a whirl :)
- Kim..... sorry, forgot to sign Ben out :P

Audra said...

So cute! I love when babies learn how to eat.