Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pumpkins, Pictures & Pouting

The Canfields invited us to some pumpkin hunting and picture taking at Bates Nut Farm last weekend. We squeezed the trip in between the Mud Run at Camp Pendleton (Jason) & hunting for a Halloween costume (Kristyn & Jillian) in the morning and our Dinner Club Halloween Party in the evening. It was a very loooooong day and it didn't go 100% smoothly (does anything?). I forgot my inhaler that I waited 45 minutes for at CVS and we got a flat tire a minute away from the pumpkin patch. I'm sure some of you may have already seen some photos up on the Canfield Blog but here are mine.

My adorable nephew Adam. He was wearing a jack-o-lantern shirt.

My older nephew Ethan. He was the only kid that might understand picking out a pumpkin and he was asleep for the first half!
Ron got a better shot than this but we certainly didn't have cooperative babies. I think Grandma and Grandpa loved being around all the grandkids!

Jillian checked out the pumpkins with Daddy's help.

She was more interested in the hay. I am so hopeful she does not develop the allergies her dad or I have to hay and grass and dust and ...

The Two Js. Big J and little j.

My little j is getting SO big. We ended up with a baby pumpkin for her.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Life is stressful - I guess the test is learning how to roll with it :) Sorry if the costume thing added to your rough day! You guys did good!! Jillians picture with the pumpkins is adorable . . . makes all the struggle worth it! Love you guys

Marie said...

I agree with Bonnie... I love the picture of Jillian sitting by the pumpkins!

Audra said...

Looks like you guys had a good time at the patch:)

Wyndi said...

Love the pictures. The kids are adorable!!! I agree with the other ladies. Can't wait to see what Jillians costume is!! :) Hey, if you guys arent busy on the 30th, our block is having a Halloween Block party....should be fun!