Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sleeping Beauty

So this week we are finally sending in our laptop. The screen has been broken for at least a year and we've had it hooked up to a monitor. Our warranty is expiring soon and we bought it from Circuit City and so we thought we should send it in before there was no place to send it to. So, long story short my blogging may be a bit fragmented for awhile. I'm on Jason's Mac right now and all my photos are on an external hard drive. So sorry, no photo for this post.

This brings me to my subject: sleep. I'm blogging from our bedroom because Jillian is sleeping and we're watching her on the monitor. This is the second night of our new sleep routine. We're trying to put her to bed earlier to see if it makes any improvement to her sleep and our bedtime routine. Last night was good. She fed more often but also slept more total hours. Jason and I woke up feeling more rested which was nice considering the night before was terrible.

So, she just woke up (8:32 p.m.). Jason is working with her to see if he can soothe her without picking her up or rocking her. He has had good success. I call him the Baby Whisperer. Okay, it is 8:36 and she has quieted down but is not totally asleep. Jason has turned on the crib music thingy we have. We're working on this as a bedtime signal. At 8:38 Jason leaves the room, Jillian still awake but quiet. 8:41 and she hasn't wiggled in awhile.

Wish us luck. I'll keep you all posted.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I wish you guys lots of luck to a night full of sleep! :)
It was great to see you today!

Wyndi said...

The baby whisperer...haha. :) That is fun. A full nights rest will happen soon, I bet. :) You can do it, Jillian!!!

Doug and Marie said...

Maybe Jason can come over to our house and put Emma to sleep for us if he wants more practice.