Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jillian at 5 Months


So, I am behind by about a week on blogging. It has been killing me! So sorry to everyone who checks regularly for updates. I'll try to be better this week!

This photo was taken April 17th. At 5 months Jillian:
  • Giggles when tickled or when you smile at her.
  • Smiles up a storm. Where did our serious baby go?
  • Actually likes to do tummy time. When we have her in a sitting position she will list to the side (or throw herself sometimes) to get to the floor and onto her tummy.
  • Is learning peek-a-boo and the ASL sign for milk.
  • Is starting rice cereal (more about this in the next post).
  • Is getting SO distracted when she nurses. Sometimes she thinks momma is a chew toy for her to play with.
  • Grabs everything she can get her hands on. She especially loves paper and will crumple it and run her nails all over it. I had a scare last week when she put a postcard in her mouth and the ink came off on her fingers, lips and tongue. The person who answered the phone at Poison Control was so nice!
  • Looks for things she's dropped from the bumbo seat.
  • And probably a million more things I'm forgetting!

2 comments:

Audra said...

5 months! Where did the time go?

weplusthree said...

I love her giggles!! They are coming more easily now, too! I used to let Roman tear apart magazines, until he started sucking the ink off them. I try to stick to white paper... I guess there is bleach in that. I actually start taking it away once it gets in the mouth. What a mean mommy I am!