Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Quilt For Jillian

I have wanted to make a quilt for Jillian for so long. In fact. I cut most of my pieces months ago. They have just been sitting in a bin, waiting to be sewn.
My first foray into quilt making was for my nephew Ethan. I think it turned out pretty well, but I really am not a quilter, or a sewer. I like doing it but I don't have the finesse - or more importantly, the patience - to do it well. This photo shows me quilting together the "sandwich"; the top, batting and backing of the quilt.

I couldn't do this without the loving support of my dog!

This is actually only the top layer of the quilt, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like. It has the alphabet and numbers 1-10. I am nearly done quilting the sandwich. I ran out of white thread and need to run to the store. After I finish that I will work on the edging/border.




3 comments:

Audra said...

Kristyn you did a really good job on that.

Marie said...

Look at you miss quilter! I love it!!!

Aunt Laura said...

I'm really proud of you...you've got more patience than I. I started a cross stitching project before Lauren was born and still haven't finished it 16 years later!