Monday, November 3, 2008

The Saga of the Ceiling Fan

Jason and I both really wanted a ceiling fan for Jillian's room. We had pieces of a fan given to us by my parents. Jason had reconstructed the same model fan in our room a couple years ago and decided to give it another shot to save us some money. Sometimes it may be worth it just to buy a new fan...
The "before" shot of the ceiling.
Some of the many parts to the fan. Taylor came over on Saturday to help with the installation as I am still useless lifting anything. Well, that's not entirely true. I bet I could have done great but Jason, and my doctor, and pretty much anyone who would have found out wouldn't have even let me try.
And the "after." Jason did an excellent job hanging the fan and he was so excited to have it done!
And the icing on the cake. Jason purchased a dimmer switch for the fan so that we could come into Jillian's room to check on her and not have to turn on the lights all the way. It also has a separate control for the fan itself. He surprised me by installing this on Sunday. We amused ourselves for several minutes by brightening and dimming the lights!

2 comments:

Aunt Laura said...

Jason, you are quite the handyman. What are you going to do with yourself once everything is done? Silly question, I know, change diapers of course!

Audra said...

Wow good job Jason I am impressed.